【A common health problem in women at reproductive age】
- Endometriosis affects an estimated 1 in 10 women during their reproductive years (ie. usually between the ages of 15 to 49)
- The symptoms of endometriosis include painful periods, painful ovulation, pain during or after sexual intercourse, heavy bleeding, chronic pelvic pain, fatigue, and infertility
- A significant delay from when a woman first experiences symptoms until she eventually is diagnosed and treated.
- Progression in endometriosis and delay diagnosis make women harder to get pregnant.
【Current Diagnosis Method】
- Current diagnosis of endometriosis relies on the imaging test, like ultrasound and MRI, or invasive laparoscopy.
- Reliable and sensitive endometriosis biomarker as better diagnostic tool is necessary for early detection, in-time treatment to prevent the progression and recurrence.